Wow, can you believe it’s November already? As if being knee deep in pumpkins, fallen leaves and homemade bunny costumes isn’t fun enough, I’m getting excited for the family to arrive in town for another
crazy fabulous Thanksgiving weekend.
Because Thanksgiving means pumpkin cheesecake. You see, I have so much to be thankful for in my life, but pumpkin cheesecake definitely tops the list.
You think I’m kidding. Never.
It’s just part of practicing gratitude, a powerful concept I’ve been embracing over the past few months. The truth is we can all use a little more gratitude in our lives, and there is no better month to focus on it than the one that culminates in Thanksgiving. Shannon, life coach and creator of the awesome Inside Out e-course I participated in recently, is running a 30-day Giving Thanks Challenge.
Naturally, I’m in. Won’t you join us?
Take a moment each day in November and thank someone in your life. Send a text, make a call, leave a post-it, write an old fashioned letter. Make eye contact. Smile. And say, “thanks.”
It doesn’t matter how you thank them. Simply think of someone in your life – each day – and tell them why you are thankful for them. Give them your thanks.
Thank 30 people in 30 days. Can’t think of 30 people? Look more closely at the people you encounter in a day:
- The postman
- The barista
- The nice man at the bank
- The woman who always stamps your parking ticket
- Your neighbor down the street
- Is there a local store owner who makes you feel welcome every time you shop?
- Do you have a favorite sacker at the grocery store?
- How about someone you work with that makes you laugh?
- Is there a person from your past that you always wished you would have thanked?
- Do you have a favorite hair stylist, or a massage therapist, or have you appreciated the listening ear of a good friend?
- Did you ever thank your favorite teacher?
- Has anyone helped change the course of your life?
- What about someone you are really close to – like your kids or spouse – what thanks would you like to share with them?
Post your stories on Shannon’s Facebook Page, and share your blog links there, too. Send out tweets and use #30daysofthanks to mark your posts.
Spread the word. And let’s enjoy 30 days of giving thanks … together!
I shared this post on Your Green Resource, Pennywise Platter, Thank Your Body, Fight Back Friday, Monday Mania, Natural Living Monday, Fat Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, The Gathering Spot, Tiny Tip Tuesday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways and Health 2day.